Code of Ethics
As major public influencers we are all held to a higher standard and must conduct ourselves in a
way that is responsible, promotes the values of the AFM INC, and is lawful.
The Nominee must use due care and diligence in fulfilling their mission. At all times, they must
act with the highest degree of integrity, and particularly when taking decisions, they must act
with impartiality, objectivity, independence and professionalism. They must refrain from any act
involving fraud or corruption. They must not act in a manner likely to tarnish the reputation of
AFM INC and the AFA’s awards program.
Nominees convicted of a crime or subject to a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined in
this Policy) are subject to immediate ineligibility. But even if the conduct does not result in a
Nominees found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to immediate
Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to the following:
● Actual or threatened physical violence against another person, including dating
domestic violence, child abuse, and other forms of family violence;
● Assault and/or battery, including sexual assault or other sex offenses;
● Violent or threatening behavior toward another employee or a third party in any
● Stalking, harassment, bullying, shaming, or similar forms of intimidation;
● Illegal possession of a gun or other weapon (such as explosives, toxic substances, and
the like), or possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting;
● Illegal possession, use, or distribution of alcohol or drugs;
● Crimes involving cruelty to animals as defined by state or federal law;
Crimes of dishonesty such as blackmail, extortion, fraud, money laundering, or
racketeering; Theft-related crimes such as burglary, robbery, or larceny; Disorderly conduct;
● Crimes against law enforcement, such as obstruction, resisting arrest, or harming a
police officer or other law enforcement officer;
● Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person;
and Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the AFM INC, AFM INC
Affiliates, or AFM INC programs, AFM INC personnel.
It is not only necessary for AFM INC, but for a Nominee to hold one's self to the highest of
standards. As public figures we must strive to maintain a strict image for the public as a positive
role models from our industry.
AFM INC reserves the right to remove any winning nominees award and recognition status at
anytime if it is determined an awardee has violated our code of ethics “post” nominee status.
Nominees removed from our list due to code of ethics issues shall have be granted one letter of
explanation to reviewed by AFM INC board members, legal representation and/or AFM INC
Affiliates for further consideration of Nominee status.
Conflict of Interest
Current AFM INC and AFA employees, interns, legal representatives, affiliates, sponsors, partners, and brand models are not eligible for nominations. Those on the list above that are no longer current are eligible for nomination two years after date of departure. However, AFM INC and AFA may display "Spotlight" articles in reference to those listed above.
Nominees highlighted in AFM print issues are not guaranteed an award nor are given any advantage and are chosen based on a "first come first served" in order of their reply to the nomination.